Monday, December 21, 2009

The crush is on

This is the time when the shoppers can be frantic. They have procrastinated. Or, the recipient is very difficult to buy for(we hear this an awful lot). It is a whirlwind of sometimes tired, desperate and aggravated people. Much more often, thankfully, we get to see some of the best that this season and its spirit can bring. Shoppers are calm and enjoy their time browsing and frequently help one another and give suggestions. The books are whirling in and out of hands. It is fantastic fun.

2009 has been a challenging year for small businesses, retail in general and the world of books. Yet we've made it thanks to the support we get from loyal customers who've decided to put their money into stores they believe in. For that, and much more, we send our best to all of you.

I've been pressured to join the maelstrom of lists. And I've chosen to do so. Next week I'll be posting the best fiction and non-fiction I've read in the past decade. Until then--Happy Holidays.
Hans

1 comment:

  1. If it helps, I thoroughly enjoyed my visit there today--and when I Twittered it, had some responses that indicated that people knew where I'd been and strongly approved. :-)

    ReplyDelete